Sunday, 20 January 2013

Book Review: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski






Title: The Edge of Never
Author: J.A. Redmerski
Series: NA
Pages: 426
Genre: Romance
Release Date: November 13th 2012


Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?

I don’t even know how to go about reviewing this book, it was just so good! I truly loved every part of it. It was the perfect length. You were left fulfilled and it didn’t drag on with unnecessary information.

I say in a lot of my reviews that some characters seem to piss me off a bit. You know the feeling when you just want to shake some sense into them, slap them or even punch them in the face. Well I was so glad to read a book where this wasn’t the case at all. I actually loved every bit about both the main characters.

I loved Andrew. He had this caring, protective side and even though Camryn was just a stranger, he was drawn to her. And thank God because she would have been damaged for life if he wasn’t there to protect her.

Camryn was also one of those characters that you instantly fall in love with. She was very strong and luckily took risks in all the right places which lend her to a beautiful romance.

This book is so inspirational, I loved how Camryn is able to just take off and leave her life behind her. It just shows that sometimes if you take a chance you can open the door to experiences that can change your life. It actually made me what to jump in my car, and drive and drive and drive, with no purpose. Just to see where the journey might take me. I think that is the sign of a truly great book. One that doesn’t just make you get lost in the pages, but one that inspires you.

I loved how the story panned out, but on the other hand was also full of distressing situations. I found myself balling eyes out at 1 o’clock in the morning. Let’s just say I woke up with puffy eyes the next day for work! I couldn’t help myself though. I had to finish it. I spent the day at work practically sleep working, but it was totally worth it.

I think I’m going to have to find somewhere in my Top 5 Favourites to add this one.

                                                         

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys, found you on Book Blogs. I'm following. This is me, http://robgirlbooks.blogspot.com/. I also went on a reading bender after hitting the Twilight saga (not 200!).

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment below...