Thursday, 20 December 2012

Our first post!!!

Hi there World!!!

I am typically quite a shy person. I usually come across as rude or mean because I don't have the confidence to go up and talk to people that I'm not comfortable with. That was Rachel's impression of me at least (and a few others I have now learnt of).

Growing up the only times I was confident and outgoing was when I was fighting along side Harry Potter, or telling Mr Darcy that he "were the last man in the world whom I could ever be prevailed on to marry." These characters in my books where my heroes.

It was books that finally broke down my defenses and brought Rachel and I together. As I said I was a die hard Harry Potter fan, and I was still getting over the most suspenseful 10 years of my life when I read that people were starting to compare it to a new series. Some were even saying that this new series was better!!! Well let's just say I was hesitate to read this new book.

It was a few months later when I was sitting awkwardly in my lunch break at work with Rachel quietly reading next to me. Feeling uncomfortable, as I do in those situations, my sandwich became very interesting. That's when I saw it. Rachel was reading Twilight!!! I couldn't help myself,
"You're reading Twilight," I blurted out, shocking Rachel who I'm sure probably thought I was some sort of mute at this stage. "Is it good? I read that people are saying it's better than Harry Potter" I couldn't help asking. I had to know how people could possible be rating this book against one of the best selling books of all time.

I don't remember Rachel's answer exactly, she said something about really liking it. It was from then on I realized just how much I had in common with her. We had seen all the same movies (even the really bad ones that I swore I was the only person to have ever seen), and we loved all the same books. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. 

And yes if you are wondering I did end up reading (and becoming obsessed with) Twilight. I don't know if I could say that the books themselves were actually "better" than Harry Potter. I will still go to my grave clutching my Harry Potter's. 

Rachel will have to tell you her childhood book story one day. It involves her Dad paying her to read books she secretly loved reading. Of course she still took her Dad's money and the books that he bought her.

Now no one in the world can read as fast as Rachel I swear. She finishes books that take me a couple of days (if I'm really trying) in one night. She is crazy!!!

So between the two of us, and hopefully with your help, we are going to review and discuss books, authors, characters, film adaptations (yes we both love a good book turned to movie, sorry) and anything else book related. No limits and no lies. Our completely honest opinion, and please feel free to add yours. Not everyone will feel the same about every book, but that's half the fun of it.

So keep your eyes out for our reviews and conversations...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment below...